Wednesday, August 15, 2012

MS Patient Drug Hunter

MS Patient Drug Hunter

My name is Helen Solinski, and I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS) in 2003. When I was diagnosed, my first question to her doctor was "Will I pass this onto my son?"....Carson, since MS runs in families.

Since my diagnosis, I have given up my 25 year career in Silicon Valley high-tech and refocused my efforts to find better drug for MS, one that reverses the disease damage, doing so much more than simply slowing down the disease. This “pipedream” is not yet available for patients. I began examining and volunteering with other MS organizations and the research they were funding--and became frustrated by the lack of focus, agility and results of the MS research that did not seem to advance potential cures to patients.

When I found out about the Myelin Repair Foundation in 2004, whose mission was to find a myelin repair treatment for MS patients, I knew that by restoring my body's ability to repair myelin, reversing the effects of MS-- was my best hope to maintain my mobility so I could continue to play baseball with my son Carson and walk our dog, Abigail. I began to volunteer in 2004 with the Myelin Repair Foundation and has since joined the staff as a manager of donor relations, working every day, determined to change the course of this horrible disease.

Source: ireport.cnn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment